Monday, March 6, 2017

Tyler's Rose Garden, Harvey Hall, and fairgrounds to get a major makeover

I've gone pretty easy on local municipal government officials, except for maybe a little discussion about that hoopla down in Whitehouse involving the city manager and chief of police.  And, to my politically na├»ve eye, it seems that the city of Tyler usually has its stuff together.  But a little article in the Tylerpaper last week caught my eye:


I'm not really ready to pass judgment on this yet, as I don't fully understand what is going on.  But I have a few anxiety-provoking questions.


First, is this about the $%**@!# Rose Festival?


Please tell us now, Mayor Heines and Mr. Broussard if it is, so I can just get my tirade over with.  You can bet your bottom dollar that last year when the city started talking about building a new conference/convention center in south Tyler, the Harvey Hall people (e.g. the Rose Festival crowd) started wringing their hands and fretting about what would happen to Harvey Hall.  Well, now we have an answer:  City leaders plan to bulldoze it to the ground and build a newer, better Harvey hall!


...Read the whole article here: http://smithcountytexas.blogspot.com/2017/03/tylers-rose-garden-harvey-hall-and.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment